Monday, August 6, 2012

Sunday, August 5, 2012

We finished painting the interior. We've got some bold colors in our pallet. The boys' bedrooms are blue. I was afraid it would look like a swimming pool but I really like it!
 There are a couple of red walls in the kitchen that are going to look great with our counter tops. You can see our gold bedroom in the back. That's right -- red, yellow, and blue.
 First day back to school. Already. Abraham is in 5th grade. Solomon declined the invitation for a back-to-school photo. Abraham didn't know declining was an option and I plan to keep it that way.
I just had my birthday and here's what 48 looks like. My poor, crazy hair! I briefly considered growing it out. The good thing about long hair is you can always put it in a pony tail. The bad thing about long hair is you always do put it in a pony tail. I'm really not a pony tail person.
I thought I'd have it a lot more "together" by the time I reached this age. Turns out I feel pretty much the same as I did at 28. And this might be an indication of a mid-life crisis, but I decided to run a 5K in two weeks. See rain forest runs. I've NEVER had a desire to run before and I don't even want to train, but this seemed like a good idea. Maybe I'll come out of it with a funny story to tell. I hope the t-shirts are nice.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I knew how to be bold with colors. I keep trying and they never come out as cool as yours look. And it does look really cool. I don't actually give my kids an option of having their pictures taken the 1st day of school. I have 1st day pictures clear back to Tucker in kindergarten. It's awesome to see how they grow and change. Funny about the long hair thing. I did the same thing this summer and came to the same realization! All I was doing with my long hair was pulling it back in a ponytail--mostly because it annoyed me when it would get all over my face. I got it cut short again in July. You are not as over the top as I was turning 48. I did a 1/2 marathon. A 5K sounds much saner. Go for it!!

    ReplyDelete